Saturday, April 7, 2012

Kendall Rose Jacobsen {March 5, 2012}

March 5, 2012
11:21 AM
7 lbs 10 oz
21 inches long



The Birth Story....

Ok so lets start on my last doctors appointment on the Thursday before. I talked to my midwife about being uncomfortable and what not and asked what she thought about inducing me a little early. Gretchen said everything looked great to do it considering she was in a good position head down. So we scheduled an induction for Sunday March 4th!
Bright and early Sunday morning we go in to LDS Hospital, excited in anticipation of our new baby .. wrong! haha We went to the hospital only to be turned away within a few minutes. Mainly because Kendall's head had moved and also because it was my first delivery, they were nervous to start the process. So, we went home a little depressed to say the least.
Little did we know that I would start my contractions only hours later around 7 pm! We kept track of them the whole night. They ranged anywhere from 20, 15, and 10 minutes apart. But I was still in somewhat denial that she was really coming, I just couldn't believe it! We called the hospital around 2 am (because my contractions were too painful to walk through; NOT kidding!) and got to the hospital at 3 am and was admitted! This was it!
I'm not going to lie, the contractions were hellish. They got so painful it's not even funny. David would try to hold my hand to help me through them but I just needed to not be touched. I hated having the clock right by my bed, because I was dreading each passing minute knowing I had another awful contraction coming my way before I got my epidural! Luckily the doctor came and gave it to me right before a huge contraction came. After that life was good!!
I slowly progressed over the next couple hours, family came, and suddenly (it seemed) it was time to push! Craziness! It took about an hour, but it seemed a lot shorter than that, and before we knew it she was here! It was such a blur! Here are some pics of the best day ever!

Happy Family :)
Proud new Dad





1st bath!

We are so thankful for all of the love & support from our families. Kendall is so lucky to be born into the best family that loves her so much!

1 comment:

Miken said...

welcome kendall! you looked like mommy for the first few days of your life and now you've morphed into your dad! we're excited you're here!