Monday, December 8, 2008

A pleasant surprise



Yesterday (Sunday) was Stake Conference. It seemed to be as any other Stake Conference I have attended, until in walks Dieter F. Uchtdorf and his wife Harriet!!! It was so exciting to have them with us. They are so down to earth and enthusiastic for the Church's future. It is such a blessing to have the leadership of the Church so close. Also in attendance was John H. Groberg and his wife Jean. And in case you don't know who they are, (I didn't) the movie The Other Side of Heaven was based on them! Pretty cool huh?? It was so nice to hear from all of them. So needless to say, I actually didn't fall asleep this time.

Oh, and also it was our 6 month wedding anniversary! It has seriously gone by so fast. Wowzers!

P.S. - Uchtdorf's head is so huge in person, its almost as big as my dads! And thats hard to do.

4 comments:

Jillian said...

That's awes that you got to hear President Uchtdorf speak! He is such a cool guy. I can't believe you've already been married for 6 months! It really has flown.

* said...

Haha his head is almost as big as your dad's. That made me cry! That's really cool you got to hear him speak! Crazy how fast time flies when you're married! We are almost at our 7 month and I can't even believe it.

Emily Scott said...

My bed is pretty awes! Even though it the mattress and everything is the same as before something about having it on a nice bed just makes it more comf! How's the new TV!

Miken said...

haha dad does have a huge noggin. it's cause he's a GROWIN BOY!