Sunday, March 13, 2011

Funeral in Blanding

This weekend we went to David's great grandmas funeral. Her name is Ellen Brown and she was 93 years old. I loved all of the stories shared about her. Her first toy she ever got was a tin can, and had fun trying to stand on it. I hear she made the best home made cinnamon rolls & bread. She sounds like she was a really nice lady. I wish I could have gotten to know her better.


This is a picture of us @ the Christmas party


When we went to her house David gave me a tour. She had a cute quote on her fridge. 'Happiness is like jam. You can't spread it without getting a little on yourself.'


Played some settlers with David's cousins


We went on a hike, and attempted to find indian artifacts down in the canyon. It was still really fun even though we didnt find any... haha


On our drive back we stopped in Moab and got a picture @ newspaper rock.

2 comments:

Miken said...

looks like you had too much fun to be at a FUNE. :) then again, weekend getaways are always fun. remember when i got paid from work while i went to grandpa's funeral a little over a year ago? yep... ROCKED (minus the grandpa being dead part - obv). i miss him!.

Miken said...

you have no reason to be behind... GG! i need your hawaii update so i can see some of your pictures ya hog!